Advanced RSS Promotion Techniques [PRESENTATION]
How to promote and distribute content through RSS channels? Technology Overview – RSS Promotion Module
RSS Promotion is one of the most successful ways to promote & distribute your content
1. RSS Feed burning
- Select RSS feeds from your website and submit them to FeedBurner (or any other preferred aggregator)
- If there is no support RSS feeds on your website, create them from your content
2. RSS Syndication
If you have multiple RSS feeds, they can be syndicated to achieve better results
For example if you have a blog about cars with the following categories: tires, engines, accessories, you might want to run 3 RSS promotional campaigns for these three categories. But you might also want to syndicate them into a brand new RSS feed called ‘car parts’ and run another campaign to promote it for a different set of keywords.
Note: There are limitless possibilities. You can even combine RSS feeds from multiple sources.
3. RSS Optimisation
Make all your feeds more user friendly and sociable:
- Enable email subscriptions
- Enable images for RSS where possible
- Social Bookmarking elements
- Making the content socially sharable
4. RSS Submission
In this part the actual promotion of your RSS feeds begins:
- Submit your RSS feed to 30 RSS directories
- Submit with selected keywords, unique for each RSS
- Submit with a RSS description
5. RSS Pinging
- Sent information about your RSS feed to 60 pinging sites
- It will allow immediate indexation of your RSS feed on search engines
- Content distribution starts at this point
SEO Benefits of RSS Promotion
Content from your website gains new distribution channels. They are highly profiled and segmented, as you have multiple feeds for your categories, comments or tags. It is also syndicated to create completely new feeds so you get ability to target more new keywords.
Your content is attractive and user friendly so your RSS feeds are distributed to multiple websites and are utilized by other Internet users through social networks. This gives you credibility and builds your authority of an expert in your field. Search engines love authority content and you get the credits as it comes from your website.
If you have a good internal links structure, then you also get a massive number of back links from the other websites where your RSS have been used.